Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Black & White Delight

Well it delights me anyway!  


Credit to - Lotta Agaton (love her!)

I have a thing at the moment for browsing on-line at German Company Car Moebel as well as having just discovered the delights of TineKHome and Day Birger et Mikkelsen, my wish list is obscene friends...here's a sneak....

Love the black peg rail from car moebel


the b&w crockery from TineKHome


Love everything TineKHome!

Cushions by Day

Desk - Car Moebel

I'm really into the white painted floor boards too in these images...alas I'm fighting a losing battle with Mr C over white floor boards in the Conlon House, just can't convince him of their total desirability , he's adamant that they are just not practical...even with my compromise of having them fitted upstairs only!!  

Til tomorrow...Mrs C x


PS  see HERE for a great Day Birger post from Home Shopping Spy

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stuff, I'll have to have a closer look.. I wish I had white floorboards too but it just wouldn't have worked here..Rxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love car-moebel but had given up last time I looked at the site as it was all in German, looking at them here again I remembered Google translate, and yay they ship abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise...Google translate has opened up a whole new world for me!!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!