Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Amelia's Loft


"disclaimer: I take full personal responsibility for allowing my child to climb up that ladder - Mrs C"

This is still a work in progress, we are still to decide how to incorporate both storage and access here!  So high up too...but we've kind of gotten ourselves over that, just need to make sure the loft access is good & safe.


Some inspiration & ideas I've found on other blogs I follow
(seriously don't know what I'd do with out them!)

borrowed image from here
 Like how the stairs above are almost vertical against the wall...this design would work well for us I'm thinking and quite practical & inexpensive too :-))

 borrowed image from here
OMG where do I start with this one...LOVE IT, but not so practical and a much more of an expensive option.  This is one to save for "next time" I think!


borrowed image from here
Another practical option, Amelia's loft is much higher up from the floor though than this one shown above.  Do like the white painted ladder though...it's an option!

Good news I suppose, is I have another few weeks before I will need to make a decision on the girls lofts. Need this breathing space to do some budget juggling tricks

Top of the list for cabinetry at the moment - bathrooms!! Bought undermounted basins for 3 of our bathrooms and totally forgot that I would need to budget for cabinetry and granite/marble tops to go with the damn things....oooops!!  Hence sitting here nervously waiting for the quote to come in.

1 comment:

  1. That loft is going to be amazing..I'm sure she'll love having her own secret hideaway! Hope the quotes are ok..Rxx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!