Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Struggling to Juggle

This is my new mantra




I will get more time to catch my breath once this house is completed!!



I feel like I'm juggling one too many balls at the moment, and my heart is experiencing the odd palpitation just thinking about the consequences of any ball dropping!!  My girls did their homework in the back of the car parked on site this afternoon whilst I had a quick meeting with Stephen my plumbing contractor.  He has just started preparing the ground floor for underfloor heating, so just wanted me to confirm the exact layout of a few things.....I was 40 minutes and zero homework got done - no surprise there!









To be very honest, I have found keeping on top of my project somewhat difficult over the past couple of weeks.  My energy levels are low, the length of my "to do list" is a joke and in general my enthusiasm has been dipping in favour of being just "mummy" to my three girls.

I don't know what would have happend if we hadn't opted for the "main contractor" route.....err yes I do, it would have been a DISASTER!!

Roof will be on and windows fitted in four weeks time, I'm sure I'll get a renewed surge of enthusiasm and energy once the house is weather tight and the internal works get started.....off to Dublin for a family weekend away from all things "house", so hope to be back on form Monday........

2 comments:

  1. IM WATCHING WITH INTEREST THE BUILDING OF YOUR HOME!I LIVE IN TEXAS,USA ON A TENNESSEE WALKING HORSE RANCH,WE HAVE 140 ACRES.WATCHING YOUR BLOG ABOUT YOUR PLACE IS NEAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks for your comments....it's really cool to know that you're taking an interest in my project from over in Texas...wow!!

    Loads of progress on site...will update the blog again this week...keep watching!!

    Best wishes,

    Mrs C

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!