Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Friday, September 18, 2009

Roofers have arrived

We are starting a new phase on site...the roofers have arrived



Most of the work carried out so far has been over the "east" wing of the house....(sounds very grand I know, but this is the easiest way to describe!) There are two bedrooms and lounge/play room at that end of the first floor and they all have vaulted ceilings.

I'm intending to use the space over the each of girls shower rooms to make a small loft area for sleeping.  Something along the lines of this.....(of course no lovely oak beams in our concrete castle!)


Source - 25 Beautiful Homes - October 2009
I really like how they've used glass balustrading (another idea I'm stealing), it really lets the light in as well as making the area quite secure...it's along way to fall if you roll out of bed!  


I'm hoping to squeeze in double mattress up there.  It's going to be quite high up but that only seems to add to the excitement and anticipation for my older girls, access will be via a ladder very similar to this.......


source - 25 Beautiful Homes October 2009



Although a "pole" (think fire station rather than strip club!)was on the wish list after seeing this pic....

Great idea girls but Mum said a firm "NO!" to that one!!
























3 comments:

  1. Janine MarshallSeptember 30, 2009

    Just wanted to say a quick hi. I came for a "visit" from A-M's website. Your house is going to look very beautiful. A lot of work and all consuming thoughts on what's to be done next, I'm sure!
    Have a great day.

    Janine
    XXOO
    Tasmania, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roofers have arrived

    Great!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to get some comments....thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!