Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A muddy day on site


My beloved 10 year old Columbia boots took a bashing.  I have been told by Mark my builder that I need to get "proper safety wellies"....mmm we'll see.

Wild, wet and windy on site today...15 minutes was more than enough for me in the driving rain. It was just enough time to check out the placement of the house on the site for the first time, coloured posts marked the corners, so it was great to see that it all fits nicely now.  We did have a "Grand Designs" moment yesterday when it looked like the side of the house may actually be in the stream and it could all go horribly wrong...however, all sorted now, a digital map and a bit of re-jigging was all it took in the end to aviod any drama.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!