Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bette Bath Blitz........



I've been scouring ebay for some time now in an attempt to purchase top quality bathroom fittings at "give away" prices.  Our bathroom budget is fairly meagre, my taste is for the 'expensive', this coupled with a confidence to take the odd calculated risk or two means me and ebay are a match made in heaven!

I'm absolutely delighted with the three Bette baths I've purchased this week.  According to the official company info Bette baths are:-

- Extremely sturdy thanks to the use of titanium steel 
- High impact strength and tough 
- Much more durable than iron, marble or plastic 
- Long service life - 30 year guarantee 
- Skin friendly and no loss of warmth through the material 
- Colour stable and non-fading even when subjected to UV rays 
- Resistant even to aggressive fluids and scouring agents 
- Inorganic surface is not a breeding ground for bacteria 
- Unique sparkling surface thanks to BETTEGLAZE®

The 30 year guarantee is really appealling to me, after all this is, god willing our "house for life."   I've been horrified at how quickly the acrylic baths in the house we are  renting have deteriorated, after what I consider to only 2 years of normal family wear and tear.  Bette...we'll certainly put your baths to the test!


This Bette Starlet bath will go in the guest/downstairs bathroom.  I think it will do a perfect job, nicely boxed in with wood or even tiles.....mmmm loads of time to make those decisions!


This BetteHome Oval bath will go in the Master Bathroom, and should fit perfectly as per the existing floor plan  (well almost...just 20cm wider, but that shouldn't cause a problem).

A Bette Starlet goes into Bedroom 2 ensuite.  I like the way they have boxed in the bath here and am hoping to achieve something similar.   

This is the model I've actually purchased, it was such a bargain I had to go for it.  Don't really like the panels that make it 'freestanding' so they are going to be ditched to achieve the boxed in version above, or it may loose the rear panel and be fitted 'back to wall'.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!