Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Never say never...

Utility Sink

Just had a mini change of plan in the utility room (and I thought I had everything sorted..ha ha!) Anyway, saw this gorgeous brushed steel beast of a sink, hours after I blogged about my inspiration for the utility room (so in my book that's fate telling me it's meant to be). 


And yes you guessed it...I spotted it on ebay, where else do I shop these days! I certainly couldn't have laid my hands on something like this locally in Limerick.  
I've been reliably informed that it's a sink produced for the US market, that was only on sale in the UK for a short period of time, or so the sales pitch went when I enquired.  


I was given the make and model number by a very helpful Gavin & Andy from the CPSltdonline Ebay Store, it's an Astracast AP20XXUSUM.  Armed with this info I googled away to find that indeed it was available for sale still in the US and with a whopping great price tag to boot!  

So after another few emails back and forth between me and the lads to negotiate on price, then a couple to the lovely Margaret Holmes, who's organising my kitchen cabinetry to make sure it would fit, I decided to go for it and it became mine this morning!


So my utility will be something along the lines of this, I have similar floor but cabinetry will be white and sink brushed steel...can't wait!  

OMG the thrill of the chase and bagging a bargain...I am becoming so additcted - I haven't even mentioned yet that I bought the Castello bath and managed to get a matching basin thrown in for £50 - if you google that for price, then you will understand my feelings of elation!!


the new bath


the matching basin

Hoping the man from the bank who comes to value at the end will appreciate all the swanky stuff and that ultimately these bargain buys and a great finish add value!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Gorgeous stuff, love the bath, sink and utility sink. Your utility room sounds like it will be gorgeous..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!