Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Blow the Budget.....

This week definitely goes down as the worst one so far in the great scheme of this house build, so what's a girl to do??  Well if you heed the wise words of Hannah Montana you "BUILD A BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT!"  

Ok, so in an attempt not to dwell on the negative, I'm indulging myself in a little "fantasy house building" today...So actually it's not a bridge I'd like to build Hannah, how about this fab swimming pool for an extension!  A little bit of daydreaming never did any harm did it?



This pool is now officially added to the wish list along side the spiral stair slide and the tree house....cracking house that would be!

2 comments:

  1. That is really gorgeous. It's just so darn easy to keep adding to the list, isn't it. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get the home of your dreams, complete with windows! I think you are so brave taking on your very own Grand Design, you'll have to get Kevin Mccloud to visit.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!