Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ikea Dublin.......I'm so excited!!


Arriving into Dublin Port in the beginnings of Monday morning, we were greeted by glimmering shafts of early morning sun, so uplifting when all you were really expecting to be met with was grey and wet. We'd been away for almost three weeks and having the sun out to greet us made me feel really happy to be back home in Ireland again.....

The two weeks we spent cruising on Ventura were pretty good (would definitely reconmend to any families out there thinking of cruising....our girls were blown away with the kids clubs on board, and that always makes for a happy holiday!) However, nothing in comparison to being met with giant billboards everywhere announcing the opening of the new IKEA store in Dublin on 27th July, now that really did make my heart skip a beat!!


Image courtesy of decor8blog.com

Saw these new Ikea PS collection items on decor8 recently and was totally reminded why I am such an Ikea fan.......'Ikea is for life' and not just the student days!! Ikea will definitely feature in the new house as it did in the old....


I loved this Ikea wardrobe so much after my 4 year old customised it, I entered it into a competition on Mydeco!! Don't think it will be coming with us to the new house sadly :-(

1 comment:

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!