Welcome to my blog

We moved to Ireland with the notion of building our "dream" home in May 2007 after purchasing the site earlier on that year. Mr C is Irish and originally from Limerick but he remains in the UK during the week, his job is running www.cruise.co.uk and earning the bucks that will hopefully allow us to "live the dream."

It's taken us almost two years but ground will be broken on the site by the end of May 09!! A lot of blood, sweat & loads of tears (all mine!) have gone into this project already, we left a fabulous house behind in Newcastle...and now for my Kevin McLeod bit, "can the new build can live up to my expectations and the old house we left behind"? I'm not sure...keep watching my blog and you'll find out!!

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Week Two......Guess what's under our foundations

We have been so lucky with the weather here in Ireland over the past week, it has certainly helped with the foundations going in smoothly.
I got a call from Mark the builder early on Wednesday morning asking if I had a blessed Holy Medal at the ready to set into the foundations, as they had already started to pour. A mild panic set in, as this was a tradition I was completely unprepared for and needless to say NO, I didn't have one to hand . However, one quick phone call to my mother-in-law and all was sorted! We now have safely encased in our foundations the following:-
  1. A medal of Our Lady. This was blessed at the children's service that our girls had attended, at the Murroe Mission earlier this year.
  2. A blessed medal of St Anthony, apparently he will help us find the things we are always loosing!
  3. Finally a very special medal of Our Lady of Fatima, blessed and brought from Fatima by Mr C's aunt.
Mr C not being the overly religious type, thinks that this is all a bit "Father Ted", however I'm of the opinion one can never be "over blessed", so thanks Maureen!


We were so excited on Friday to see the blocks arriving on site, and to see the house finally begining to take shape.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy....it's great to receive a comment!